Thursday, September 11, 2008

Write Like Britt: How Music Classifies You


Do you love music? If so, what does the music that you like say about you? After all it's a pretty important thing in our lives, music can be used to express yourself, relax, party, or just simply enjoy. How many kids do you see walking around college campuses these days jammin' out to i pods? I always wonder what they're listening to. Sometimes i feel like i could guess what song it was, or maybe what artist it could be.
I think the type of music people listen says a lot about who they are. I say this because for the most part people generally listen to music that speaks to their mood. For instance, if your feeling kind of run down or tired,you most likely wouldn't be listening to some crazy techno song. Just like if you were getting ready to go out to a party, you definitely wouldn't want to listen to a really slow downer song. But whether you play music, or just love listening to it one thing is for sure, your music says a lot about you...so don't listen to crappy music!

1 comment:

QueenB23 said...

I listen to music when I wake up, when I am studying, when I am eating, when I am talking on the phone, when I am in the shower, and when I am sleeping at night. I love to listen to music and I love to listen to all types. However I must disagree with you when you say that your music can say a lot about who you are as a person. I feel that I am a young lady that has everything together and there is nothing about me that is "hard" nor "hood" but I enjoy listening to hardcore rap. It gets me pumped when it is time for me to do something. But when I want to settle down I put on some slow jams and if I want to just kick it I put on some maroon 5. Music has definitely changed over time because now it reaches out to all different people. This might sound kind of stereotypical but I did not know that white people listen to rap music but after riding in the car with some of my white friends, they were pumping that new Lil Wayne mixtape that I did not even have. This shocked me because I just did not think that they listened to rap like that. The funny thing about this is when they got in the car with me and I was playing metro station they all looked at me like I was crazy (lol). So I do not feel like me music defines me because I do not discriminate when it comes to music and the artist who is making it. Hey if it has a nice beat and I can nod my head to it then I am listening to it rather it be Rap, Country, Hip Hop, Pop, Rock, Reggae, or Gospel.